A bright, white smile makes you looked polished and healthy. But over time, your teeth can become stained and discolored from the food and drinks you consume. However, there is a solution! Halo Dental offers teeth whitening treatments in New Westminster which can lighten your teeth by several shades.
Different Stains Need Different Treatments
There are two different types of tooth stains:
- Extrinsic stains are stains which are on the surface of your teeth, making them appear yellow, or even brown in some places.
- Intrinsic stains are stains inside your teeth, which give them a grey, or blue tone.
Some surface stains can be removed with whitening toothpastes and over-the-counter teeth-whitening kits. However, these approaches are limited and can be painful or can cause tooth and gum sensitivities. Professional-grade products are needed to remove deeper extrinsic and intrinsic stains and to treat individuals with sensitive teeth and gums.
Teeth Whitening Treatments
Professional teeth whitening produces more dramatic and even results than over the counter options available in stores. New Westminster dentist Dr. Sushma Bajaj will consult with you about the types of staining your teeth have and which treatment options would be best suited to your particular needs. With professional teeth whitening treatment, your smile can quickly become many shades whiter. There are two professional whitening options:
- At-home teeth bleaching: A less expensive option than in-office bleaching, at-home teeth bleaching can be done at any time that is convenient for you. The system consists of a bleaching gel with customized trays which fit snugly to your teeth to evenly coat the teeth for better results than over the counter systems. Dr. Bajaj will prescribe a personalized bleaching schedule to achieve your desired results, usually between 10 and 14 days.
- In-office teeth bleaching: In-office treatment with the ZOOM! whitening system is a quicker option than at home teeth bleaching, with similar results being achieved in a 90-minute appointment. Dr. Bajaj will apply the teeth-bleaching gel to your teeth, then enhance and expedite the bleaching effect with a whitening lamp. In just 15 minutes, your teeth can be 8 – 14 shades whiter!
You will be amazed at the difference whiter teeth can make to your smile, giving you confidence and even making you look younger and more polished, so you will always make a great first impression.
Call 604.544.8875 or use our online form to request an appointment for teeth whitening at Halo Dental in New Westminster.
- Smile Dental Group: https://www.smiledentalgroup.ca/service/whitening/