When a tooth becomes damaged, either from an injury, or from wear and decay, it can become unsightly and painful. If the damage is severe enough that it cannot be repaired with a filling or veneer, then the next option is a full dental crown.
A dental crown is a custom made cover for your damaged tooth, which is made to look just like your natural tooth, so your beautiful smile will be restored. Dental crowns are made either of porcelain, which is the most natural looking option, or of acrylic resin, or gold.
Making and Installing Dental Crowns
Creating and placing your crown is a multi-step process:
- First, Dr. Bajaj eliminates decay and sculpts the remaining tooth.
- Next, she will take an impression of your tooth, which will be the basis for making the customized crown. This ensures that the new crown will precisely fit on the tooth.
- To protect the tooth while the crown is being made, you will be fit with a temporary crown, which must be treated delicately until your permanent crown is installed.
- Finally, when your custom crown is ready, Dr. Bajaj will precisely fit it into place and cement it over your damaged tooth.
You will be thrilled with the results when your damaged tooth, or teeth have been repaired with your custom dental crowns. Your teeth will be protected and your smile will be beautiful again.
Call today at 604.544.8875 or use our online form to schedule an appointment for dental crowns in New Westminster at Halo Dental.
- Smile Dental Group: https://www.smiledentalgroup.ca/service/dental-crowns/
- WebMD: https://www.webmd.com/oral-health/guide/dental-crowns
- Canadian Dental Association: https://www.cda-adc.ca/en/oral_health/procedures/crowns